Frequently asked questions about our mosquito-
control and tick-control services
1. Will Mosquito Squad kill all the mosquitoes and ticks on my property?
No service can offer 100% protection from every mosquito and tick. As you might imagine, a mosquito from a neighboring property could wander into your yard and bite you before feeding on the treated foliage. However, you’ll find that the presence of mosquitoes and ticks is enormously reduced. And if you don’t, you can get a refund based on our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
2. Does the all-natural automatic misting spray kill mosquitoes and ticks? *
Not necessarily. The all-natural product, is designed to repel rather than kill.
3. Will the smell of the all-natural spray repel me?
You’ll be able to sense a non-intrusive botanical fragrance after the application that will dissipate soon after.
4. Can I get the all-natural treatment as a barrier spray?
Yes, but it’s residual effect lasts only 14 days.
5. Should I rely on the information on this site determine whether I have a vector-borne disease?
Definitely not. We do not purport to be a medical authority, nor do we claim to have complete lists of symptoms, diagnostic data or treatment information. You should contact a health care professional immediately if you suspect a vector-borne disease.
6. Besides professional mosquito control treatments, are there steps I can take to protect my family from mosquitoes and ticks myself.
7. You certainly have a lot of facts and statistics on your website. Where did you get them all?
As pest control professionals, we stay current on rules, regulations, and facts regarding insect life, diseases and control. The information on this website has been gathered from our professional experience and from credible sources such as state agricultural and health departments, the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institutes of Health. However, much of the science on vector-borne disease and pest management is continually developing. There are contradictions from source to source and even within sources. We have made every effort to present what we believe to be the most current, most widely accepted facts–but, keep in mind that things change faster than we can update and conflicting scientific opinions exist.
1. How can the barrier spray continue to kill mosquitoes for 21 days?
Mosquitoes will feed on plant juices. When they attempt to feed on sprayed leaves, the residual from the spray will kill them.
2. Can I get the standard barrier spray, rather than the all-natural spray, for my automatic misting system? *
1. Does Mosquito Squad provide any other treatments besides the sprays?
Yes. Recommended treatment will depend on the needs of you particular property. You may need a larvacide, tick tubes, or other preventive measures. Your Mosquito Squad representative will make specific recommendations. (Please note that different states have different rules regarding treatment and licensing, so it is impossible to provide specific answers via this worldwide website.
2. Does Mosquito Squad service commercial accounts?
Definitely! We service restaurants with outdoor seating, parks, recreational facilities, and many other outdoor spaces. We are happy to serve businesses, organizations, municipalities and government agencies.
3. Can I just get a one-time treatment for a special outdoor party?
Yes. We have a special event spraying available for everything from a small birthday party to a huge wedding reception. Special event treatment is provided 24-48 hours before the event and will remain effective even if it rains.
1. Who refills my automatic misting system? *
You can contract with Mosquito Squad to service your system. You need never lift a finger.
2. Will I know when Mosquito Squad is coming?
Yes. We alert you at least 24 hours in advance of a scheduled treatment. That should allow you plenty of time to reschedule if it is not convenient.
3. Do I need to be home for the treatments?
No. And we’ll leave a notice so you know for certain that your service has been provided.
Consultation and Estimates
1. Does it cost me anything to meet with a Mosquito Squad professional?
No! You can arrange for a free consultation and estimate with absolutely no obligation whatsoever.
1. Dread Skeeter is kind of cute. Is he based on a real person?
Dread Skeeter is not based on any single person. He is a representation of the passion we at Mosquito Squad all have for protecting our neighbors from the dangers and annoyance of disease-carrying, blood-sucking bugs.